HSE Coordinator- Edmonton, AB
Harvard Property Management has an opening for an HSE Coordinator in Edmonton to join its HSE team. Harvard is a full-service real estate management company recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. We currently oversee 8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton.
The position is primarily responsible to:
- Adhere to role-specific responsibilities outlined in Harvard’s HSE Manual;
- Perform formal HSE work site inspections and audits per established frequency for program and regulatory compliance (travel is required);
- Investigate Health, Safety or Environment incidents in Alberta, working with management to meet reporting requirements and with supervision to provide corrective actions;
- Work with procurement team to evaluate potential contractors and audit current contractors;
- Participate in OH&S Committee, Safety and Toolbox meetings with our Alberta operational field teams.
Guide, mentor, train and coach personnel on Harvard’s HSE Program including assistance with:
- Onboarding new employees and monitoring curriculum completion rates;
- Creation of learning modules, marking and filing of safety related paper tests;
- Administration of Harvard’s online learning management system;
- Scheduling and booking 3rd party training (e.g., Fall pro, AWP, and First Aid);
- Assist HSE management with: Continual development, implementation, adoption and adherence of Harvard’s HSE Program;
- Maintenance of the COR program;
- Integration of HSE objectives into new operational initiatives and programs.
Assist field staff and supervisors with:
- Development and assessment of safe work plans, practices and job hazard analyses;
- Site hazard assessments, provide coaching and mentoring in the hazard assessment process;
- Onsite orientations & start up meetings when requested.
Assist HSE Administrator with:
- Filing digital forms in the document management systems;
- and Review of supplier documentation for accuracy and HSE compliance.
Preference will be given to the individual that possess:
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) or equivalent;
- 3-5 years safety management experience. (Facility Management / Real Estate experience not required but an asset);
- Effective communication and presentation skills with a strong command of the English language;
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft office suite;
- Effective working knowledge of safety legislation;
- Experience in dealing with potentially difficult situations regarding HSE; and
- Working knowledge of paperless safety software (e.g. SiteDocs and SiteDocs Analytics)
What you can expect from Harvard:
- Flexible work scheduling with occasional work after hours or on weekends;
- Competitive salary, incentive and benefits within the building management industry;
- Additional benefits including children’s scholarships and a wellness program;
- Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
- Opportunities for continuing education and career development.
Harvard provides employees with a challenging work environment encouraging professional growth, innovative thinking, and collaborative work. Our organization respects the principles of work-life balance and community engagement. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com