Building Operator- Calgary, AB
Harvard Property Management is seeking a qualified Building Operator to join its team in Calgary, Alberta. Harvard is a full-service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees 8 million square feet of commercial properties with regional offices in Regina, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
The Building Operator is accountable to provide an exceptional customer experience within the building they are assigned, and to ensure their property is well cared for and maintained in a safe and environmentally conscious manner. The position is suited to an individual interested in working with a dedicated team of customer service, building maintenance and operations personnel.
The Building Operator will:
• Respond to customer service requests within standards established for safety, comfort, cleanliness, responsiveness, follow up and communication;
• Operate the building’s automation, mechanical and electrical systems;
• Maintain positive contractor relationships while overseeing contracted services such as cleaning, security, HVAC, etc.
• Carry out the planned maintenance program for the property; and
• Assist the management team achieve its customer, financial and organizational objectives.
What you will bring to the job:
• A high level of commitment to serving customers with availability to respond 24 hours a day when scheduled on-call;
• A valid 5th class power engineering certificate and driver’s license with a clean abstract;
• A mechanical inclination with practiced motor skills and capacity to perform physical work;
• Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal, as well as strong listening and collaborative skills that enable positive and beneficial relationships;
• Good computer literacy with experience using digital devices;
• A working knowledge of general workplace safety practices and requirements; and
• The ability to work independently or collaboratively as circumstances dictate, using personal initiative and sound judgment to achieve purchasing guidelines, project schedules and budget.
What you will receive from Harvard:
• Competitive salary and health benefits within the real estate management industry, along with pension & group RRSP;
• Additional benefits including children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
• Strong corporate values in a flexible, performance driven and merit-based work environment;
• Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
• Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard provides employees with a challenging work environment encouraging professional growth, innovative thinking, and collaborative work. Our organization respects the principles of work-life balance and community engagement. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.