Operations Manager- Winnipeg, MB
Harvard Property Management Inc. has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager to join its team in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position is accountable to lead a team of building maintenance and project management personnel in delivering customer service excellence, while ensuring that 201 Portage Avenue and Harvard’s retail surrounding Outlet Collection Winnipeg at Seasons is well cared for in a Class A condition and maintained in a safe, efficient and environmentally conscious manner. The Operations Manager will:
• Liaise directly with and achieve customer service satisfaction within standards established for safety, comfort, cleanliness, responsiveness, follow up and communication;
• Recruit, develop and lead a highly motivated maintenance team to excel in achieving Harvard’s vision, promise and values, the objectives of the annual business work plan and the expectations of the property owner;
• Establish & implement the annual maintenance plan, ensure "best value" procurement within established limits and contribute to budget preparation and client reporting;
• Organize the activities of personnel and trades responsible to service, operate and maintain the properties within standards established for quality maintenance, fiscal responsibility, environmental stewardship and life-cycle performance; and
• Oversee workplace safety, risk management, training, compliance and emergency preparedness.
Harvard is a full-service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance, currently overseeing 8 million square feet of commercial properties with regional offices in Regina, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
What you will bring to the job:
• A bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of journeymen trade certification and business knowledge gained through experience;
• Minimum 6 years’ front-line supervisory experience of 5 or more maintenance personnel in a Class A office environment, with a minimum 3 years’ responsibility for workplace safety;
• Continuing education in leadership and supervisory skills, workplace safety and financial management, with additional training in project & quality management, environmental stewardship and procurement also an asset;
• Proficiency in spoken and written English, along with demonstrated skills in communication, negotiation, collaboration and conflict resolution; and the ability to enable positive and beneficial relationships;
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making and time management abilities focused on consistently meeting deadlines;
• Advanced technological skills using building automation systems and working in a Microsoft Office environment;
• A proactive approach with a high level of commitment to customer service and dependable leadership, with availability to respond 24 hours each day except during excused absence; and
• The ability to work independently or collaboratively as circumstances dictate, using personal initiative and sound judgment to achieve desired outcomes, schedule and budget.
What you will receive from Harvard:
• Competitive salary and health benefits within the real estate management industry, along with an incentive opportunity, pension & group RRSP;
• Additional benefits including children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
• Strong corporate values in a flexible, performance driven and merit-based work environment;
• Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and • Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard provides employees with a challenging work environment encouraging professional growth, innovative thinking, and collaborative work. Our organization respects the principles of work-life balance and community engagement. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.