Accounting Manager- Regina, SK
Harvard Property Management has an opening for an Accounting Manager to join our team in Regina. Harvard is a full-service real estate management company recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. We currently oversee 8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton.
The position is primarily responsible to:
- Oversee and be responsible for all property management accounting deliverables within and throughout the managed portfolio;
- Supervise the day to day work plan, activity and performance of accounting personnel;
- Take the lead role in coordinating and ensuring the proper and timely completion of audits;
- Review, develop and implement accounting, budgeting, administration and financial management procedures, processes and guidelines used throughout the managed portfolio;
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with our clients, audit professionals, and financial institutions.
Preference will be given to the individual that possesses:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting with CPA Designation and 4-6 years in similar leadership role;
- Extensive understanding of accounting principles, full-cycle accounting, budgeting, cash flow and financial statements;
- Strong math, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical review capabilities;
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, accuracy and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, along with experience using financial management software (database experience would be an asset);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to be a team player;
- Enjoyment of a busy and fast paced work environment.
What you can expect from Harvard:
- Competitive salary, incentive and health benefits within the property management industry;
- Additional benefits including pension, group RRSP, children’s scholarship and wellness program;
- Regular work scheduling with flexibility; including occasional work after hours Comprehensive orientation, training and on-the-job support; and
- Opportunities for continuing education and career advancement.
Harvard is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.