Building Operator-Winnipeg, MB
Harvard Property Management Inc. has an immediate opening for a Building Operator to join its Winnipeg team at 201 Portage Avenue in providing an exceptional customer experience. The position is suited to a friendly individual interested in working with a dedicated group of customer service, maintenance and building operations personnel.
Harvard is a full-service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees 8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton.
The position is primarily responsible for responding to customer requests while attending to the safe and effective operation of the building’s automation, mechanical and electrical systems; as well as carrying out a planned maintenance program and assisting the management team achieve its customer, financial and organizational objectives.
The successful candidate will have a valid 5th Class Power Engineer certificate, a minimum of two years building maintenance experience in a high-rise office building with a large central plant, a valid driver’s license supported by a clean driving abstract and have completed high school or equivalent accreditation. Additional accreditation in workplace safety, first aid, CPR or WHMIS would also be an asset.
Preference will be given to an individual who possesses:
- A high level of commitment to service customers with availability to respond 24 hours a day when scheduled on-call; Good verbal & basic written communications skill;
- Strong interpersonal & team building skills;
- Intermediate computer literacy & experience using digital devices;
- A mechanical inclination with practiced motor skills and capacity to perform physical work;
- Experience in purchasing goods and services; and managing a budget; and
- A working knowledge of workplace safety practices and requirements.
What you can expect from Harvard:
- Competitive salary, incentive and health benefits within the property management industry;
- Additional benefits including pension, group RRSP, children’s scholarship and wellness program;
- Regular work scheduling with flexibility for occasional work after hours or on weekends;
- Comprehensive orientation, training and on-the-job support; and
- Opportunities for continuing education and career advancement in building maintenance and property management.
Harvard is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.