Suburban Building Operator- Regina, SK
Harvard Property Management Inc. has an opening for a Building Operator to join its suburban team in providing an exceptional customer experience within its Regina retail portfolio. The position is suited to a friendly individual interested in working primarily outdoors with a dedicated team of customer service, maintenance and building operations personnel.
Harvard is a full service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees 8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton.
The position is primarily responsible for responding to customer requests while attending to the safe and effective operation of the building’s automation, mechanical and electrical systems; as well as overseeing cleaning, security and contractor relations, carrying out a planned maintenance program, and assisting the management team achieve its customer, financial and organizational objectives.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years building maintenance experience, a valid driver’s license supported by a clean driving abstract and have completed high school or equivalent accreditation. Additional accreditation or experience in workplace safety, first aid, CPR or WHMIS and a Fireman’s Certificate would be an asset.
Preference will be given to an individual who possesses:
• A desire to assist others, along with a superior customer service orientation;
• Good verbal & basic written communications skill;
• Strong interpersonal & team building skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy & experience using digital devices;
• A mechanical inclination with practiced motor skills;
• Experience in purchasing goods and services; and managing a budget; and
• A working knowledge of workplace safety practices and requirements.
What you can expect from Harvard:
• Competitive salary, incentive pay and health benefits within the property management industry;
• Additional benefits including pension, group RRSP, children’s scholarship and wellness program;
• Regular work scheduling with flexibility for occasional work after hours or on weekends;
• Comprehensive orientation, training and on-the-job support; and
• Opportunities for continuing education and career advancement in building maintenance and property management.
Harvard is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.