Chief Engineer- Regina, SK
Harvard is seeking an experienced Chief Engineer to join its real estate management team in Regina, SK. The position is primarily accountable for the physical plant in a sizeable portfolio of downtown office properties, including inspection, monitoring, preventive maintenance, repair and procurement of related subcontract services, as well as energy efficient operation of the building’s HVAC systems including its BAS, boilers, chillers, and related equipment. The position is expected to self-motivate, work independently in collaboration with a team of building operations personnel, initiate action to solve problems promptly and address emergencies adequately; as well as communicate well with management, colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
Harvard is a full-service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees nearly 8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Regina.
What you bring to the job:
• Six or more years’ experience in supervising physical plant, preferably within the commercial buildings industry;
• Valid certification as a 4th class power engineer, with a refrigeration engineer certificate;
• Superior customer service orientation, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships;
• Technologically advanced skills in a computerized environment;
• Experience in securing and managing service contracts;
• Appropriate planning and administrative skills, along with experience in project management; and
• A sound understanding of energy management sustainability initiatives, environmental stewardship and workplace safety.
What’s in it for you?
• Work hours throughout the week, with an expectation of planned or emergency weekend work on occasion; along with an opportunity for flexible work scheduling;
• A performance driven and merit-based work environment;
• Competitive salary, incentive and benefits within the building management industry;
• Additional benefits including children’s scholarships and a wellness program;
• Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
• Opportunities for continuing education and career development.
Harvard is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.