Purchasing Administrator- Edmonton, AB
Harvard Property Management Inc. has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Administrator to join its facility management real estate team in Edmonton. This position is accountable for assisting the Procurement Manager in collaborating with the facility maintenance and capital projects team in dealing with the company’s supplier network; preparing information for tenders, receiving bids and analyzing results. This individual will also work with legal to prepare contracts and have them executed. Superior organizational skills and a mastery of both Excel and Word are a requirement.
Harvard is a full-service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees more than 8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Regina.
What you will bring to the job:
• College or technical training equivalent to two years of study; training in contract law an asset;
• A desire and willingness to learn office and administration procedures on the job;
• Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, accuracy and comprehension;
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office suite;
• Proficiency in the English language and strong writing skills;
• Good problem solving and analytical capabilities;
• A solid understanding of procurement best practices;
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment; and
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to be a team player.
What you will receive:
• An opportunity for flexible work scheduling;
• Competitive salary and health benefits with the real estate management industry, along with an incentive opportunity, pension and group RRSP;
• Additional benefits including children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
• Performance driven and merit-based work environment;
• Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
• Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.