Project Manager- Winnipeg, MB
Harvard Property Management Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join its team at 201 Portage in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Harvard is a full service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees 8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary, and Edmonton.
The Project Manager is accountable for the mobilization, coordination, contract administration and financial management of a variety of renovation, leasehold and capital projects approved by the property owner. Reporting to the Operations Manager and working directly with the Leasing Manager and building occupants, in consultation with architects, designers and engineers and through contracts with general contractors or trades, the primary outcome for this position is the on-time and on-budget delivery of construction projects, while maintaining an exceptional customer experience within an occupied building.
Pre-construction and planning responsibilities include accurate cost estimating, budgeting, preliminary scheduling and design consultation; along with development of RFP’s for design and engineering services, construction tendering documents, evaluation and interpretation of contract documents, and award verification with the owner. Upon award, duties include project scheduling, stakeholder coordination, occupant communication, on-site quality control, cost control & reporting, contract administration and post construction wrap up.
What you will bring to the job:
- 4 or more years’ experience within a commercial construction environment, ideally within occupied buildings;
- Accreditation in civil or architectural technology or engineering; the completion of a PMP designation is an asset;
- Familiarity with local regulatory, consulting and construction industry participants, practices and permitting;
- Understanding of codes, safety regulations and best practices on construction and renovation;
- Strong communication, collaboration and conflict resolution skills that enable positive and beneficial relationships;
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities to consistently meet deadlines;
- The ability to work independently using personal initiative and sound judgment;
- Advanced technological skills in a Microsoft Office workplace environment; and
- Availability to work outside regular business hours as required to supervise work in progress.
What you will receive:
- Competitive salary, incentive and health benefits within the property management industry;
- Additional benefits including pension, group RRSP, children’s scholarship and wellness program;
- Regular work scheduling with flexibility for occasional work after hours or on weekends;
- Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
- Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.
Please visit our websites to learn more about Harvard: