HVAC Service Technician- Calgary, AB
Harvard Property Management Inc. has immediate openings for experienced HVAC Service Technician to join its facility maintenance team in Calgary. This position is accountable to carry out planned and preventive maintenance on equipment and systems throughout a variety of office and light industrial buildings, working in concert with building operators, suppliers and contractors also participating in the maintenance program. Work is scheduled indoors and out throughout the year and may be required after business hours. Travel, including occasionally overnight, is required from base throughout each city and surrounding regional communities. The Maintenance Technician will:
• Maintain and repair mechanical and electrical equipment and systems in a safe and environmentally conscious manner;
• Collaborate with customers as well as interdependent field and office teams in a friendly and respectful manner within established guidelines for responsiveness, follow up and communication;
• Maintain positive supplier relationships while overseeing contracted services associated with the equipment and systems being maintained; and
• Assist the management team achieve its customer, financial and organizational objectives.
Harvard is a full service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance, currently overseeing 8 million square feet of commercial properties with regional offices in Regina, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
What you will bring to the job:
• A high level of commitment to serving the customer’s best interests requires regular availability to work outside of normal business hours;
• Certified refrigeration or HVAC mechanic or journeyperson millwright with 5th class power engineering preferred, although other journeyperson trades with 5th class or higher power engineering will be considered; along with valid driver’s license with a clean abstract and training in WHMIS, first aid/CPR and workplace safety.
• A strong mechanical inclination with practiced motor skills and capacity to perform physical work;
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and oral, as well as strong listening and collaborative skills that enable positive and beneficial relationships;
• Good computer literacy with experience using digital devices;
• A strong working knowledge of general workplace safety practices and requirements; and
• The ability to work independently or collaboratively as circumstances may dictate, using personal initiative and sound judgment to achieve company guidelines, schedules and budget.
What you will receive from Harvard:
• Competitive salary and health benefits within the real estate management industry, along with an incentive opportunity, pension & group RRSP;
• Additional benefits including company vehicle, children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
• Strong corporate values in a flexible, performance driven and merit based work environment;
• Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
• Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard provides employees with a challenging work environment encouraging professional growth, innovative thinking, and collaborative work. Our organization respects the principles of work-life balance and community engagement. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.