Director, Facility Management- Edmonton,AB
You are an experienced facility management professional with senior leadership accountability for overall performance of Harvard’s facility management division in Alberta. Based in Edmonton, you engage directly with the client and Harvard’s senior leadership team in achieving desired outcomes; while overseeing the activities of a diverse team encompassing facility maintenance, tenant services, management of capital projects, facility planning, procurement and accounting.
If this position is right for you, Harvard Property Management Inc. has an immediate opening for your consideration. Harvard is a full service real estate management company based in Western Canada recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance, currently managing 8 million square feet of commercial real estate from regional management offices in Regina, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg. Nearly 2 million square feet of the managed portfolio will be the responsibility of this position.
What you will bring to the job:
- A high level of commitment to serving customers with availability to travel;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 4-5 years of study, along with CFM designation through IFMA. Certification as FMP and SFP would also be beneficial;
- 15 or more years’ comprehensive experience in office and light industrial facility management with a proven track record of performance and having achieved a position of senior leadership;
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and oral, as well as strong listening and collaborative skills that enable positive and beneficial relationships;
- Sound understanding of law impacting on facility management and business operations;
- Demonstrated ability in financial management, budgeting and service optimization;
- Exceptional team building, leadership and supervisory skills; and
- Excellent computer literacy with experience using digital devices.
What you will receive from Harvard:
- Competitive salary and health benefits within the real estate management industry, along with an incentive opportunity, pension & group RRSP;
- Additional benefits including children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
- Strong corporate values in a flexible, performance driven and merit based work environment;
- Comprehensive orientation and support; and
- Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard provides employees with a challenging work environment encouraging professional growth, innovative thinking, and collaborative work. Our organization respects the principles of work-life balance and community engagement. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.