Senior Property Accountant- Edmonton, AB
Harvard Property Management Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Property Accountant to join its real estate team in Edmonton. The Senior Property Accountant is accountable for preparing comprehensive financial statements and reports for a commercial office and retail portfolio and assisting management analyze results. Primary duties include monthly and quarterly journal entries, accruals, bank and general ledger reconciliation, updating prepaid and asset schedules, delivery of monthly income and expense statements, participation in the annual budgeting process and related ad hoc reporting.
Harvard is a full service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees more than 8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Regina.
What you will bring to the job:
• College or university degree majoring in accounting; preference will be given to candidates possessing or enrolled in the CPA Program;
• Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, accuracy and comprehension of bookkeeping;
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, along with experience using financial management software;
• Strong math, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical capabilities;
• A solid understanding of full-cycle accounting and financial statements;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to be a team player;
• Enjoyment of a busy and fast paced work environment.
What you will receive:
• An opportunity for flexible work scheduling;
• Competitive salary, incentive pay and benefits, health plan, pension and group RRSP;
• Additional benefits including children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
• Performance driven and merit based work environment;
• Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
• Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.