Facility Space Planner- Edmonton, AB
Harvard Property Management Inc. has an immediate opening for a Space Planner to join its facility management team in Edmonton. Duties include a variety of space planning responsibilities within an office environment such as tracking occupancy data & drawings, conducting feasibility & space optimization studies, establishing space utilization metrics, administering area measurements & space allocations, overseeing furniture inventory & deployment and assisting with office move & renovations.
This position is best suited to an outgoing and personable self-starter possessing a strong customer service orientation, who is fluent in English, organized, attentive to detail, careful and thorough. Strong written communication skills, sound knowledge of construction processes, building codes and safety regulations affecting the office environment, and creative thought, together with sound judgment and strong analytical skills are all required to perform well in this role. This individual is capable of taking initiative, either working alone or within a team environment.
Harvard is a full service real estate management company based in Western Canada, recognized for its reputation and leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees 8.8 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties throughout Western Canada, with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton.
What you will bring to the job:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture or relevant technical field;
- Four to six years planning experience, with a minimum two years in an office environment;
- Solid understanding of office space utilization, optimization and area measurement;
- Demonstrated ability in reading blueprints and updating drawings; and
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and space management software applications.
What’s in it for you?
- Fast paced team environment with an opportunity for flexible work scheduling;
- Competitive salary, incentive pay and benefits, health plan, pension and group RRSP;
- Additional benefits including children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
- Performance driven and merit based work environment;
- Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
- Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and advancement.
Harvard provides employees with a challenging work environment encouraging professional growth, innovative thinking, and collaborative work. Our organization respects the principles of work-life balance and community engagement. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.