Project Manager- Calgary, AB
Harvard Property Management Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join its team. Harvard is a full service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality and performance. The company oversees 8.8 million square feet of commercial properties with regional offices in Regina, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
This position will report to the Senior Project Manager and will be part of a Project Management team providing capital project management to external and internal clients. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, contract administration and successful delivery of a variety of leasing construction and capital projects throughout Harvard’s managed portfolio. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to maintain positive, mutually beneficial working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. The Project Manager will also assist the Technical Services team in achieving its goals and objectives. This high level of commitment to service requires the employee to be flexible in their work hours which includes after-hours coordination & available for response 24 hours each day, except during excused absence.
Pre-construction and planning responsibilities include accurate cost estimating, budgeting, preliminary scheduling and design consultation; along with development of RFP’s for design and engineering services, construction tendering documents, evaluation and interpretation of contract documents, and award verification with the owner. Upon award, duties include project scheduling, stakeholder coordination, communication, on-site quality control, cost control, contract administration and post construction wrap up.
What you will bring to the job:
- 3 or more years’ experience within a commercial construction environment, ideally within occupied buildings;
- Accreditation in civil or architectural technology or engineering; the completion of a PMP designation is an asset;
- Familiarity with local regulatory, consulting and construction industry participants, practices and permitting;
- Strong communication, collaboration and conflict resolution skills that enable positive and beneficial relationships;
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities to consistently meet deadlines;
- The ability to work independently using personal initiative and sound judgment;
- Advanced technological skills in a Microsoft Office workplace environment;
- Availability to work outside regular business hours as required to supervise work in progress; and
- Willingness to travel and assist in project management opportunities wherever Harvard conducts business.
What you will receive:
- Flexible scheduling of work hours in a performance driven and merit based work environment;
- Competitive salary, incentive pay and benefits, health plan, retirement savings plan & group RRSP;
- Additional benefits including children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
- Comprehensive orientation, training and support; and
- Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.